Participants in this year-long seminar and conference will work together to:
- conduct research-based, theory-driven investigations of our disciplines and teaching;
- adapt or develop new approaches to teaching based on these investigations;
- develop or expand inclusive teaching practices, including examining the roles that cutting-edge technologies can play in enhancing inclusive teaching and learning.
For more information about the 2019-20 seminar, contact Linda Adler-Kassner, Professor of Writing Studies and Associate Dean, Undergraduate Education, at email@example.com.
How to Become Involved in ONDAS Student Center Activities
We welcome faculty to participate in ONDAS programming in various ways:
- Participate in our Faculty Mentoring Program: Table Talk, dinners for a small group of students
- Lead a Professor After Hours chat (formerly Fireside Chat) to engage in conversation with students about your path in academia
- Be a speaker in our quarterly professional development workshops
- Hold weekly office hours in the Center
- Lead a Mid-Term or Final Study Jam in the Center
For more information, contact Malaphone Phommasa, ONDAS Student Center Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
FirstGen Faculty Initiative
Learn more about First-Gen Faculty at UCSB: http://www.firstgen.ucsb.edu/
Learn more about the UC Systemwide First-Gen Faculty initiative: https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/initiative/student-opportunity/first-generation-students/faculty